Had an interesting question from a relative recently, inquiring about the two small metal pins on the edge of our Mango Tree bird homes. It got me thinking: There must be others out there that don’t realize the pins are removable.
Simply put, the pins are there to facilitate annual cleaning of the bird homes.
Here’s how they work:
1. Remove each of the pins.
2. Remove the lid.
3. Clean the inside of the home as necessary, either with a dry or slightly damp cloth.
4. Find the notch on the underside of the lid.
5. Find the notch on the outside of the bird home.
6. Align the two notches.
7. Re-insert the two metal pins.
8. Hang the home and enjoy the birds for another season!